Sunday, November 29, 2009

Freedom of religion?

Extracted from Daily Express Sunday, November 29, 2009

Forum
Banning bio on Mojuntin doesn't serve purpose
By: Supporter of the late Datuk Peter, Penampang

I REFER to "Why Bio On Mojuntin Among Banned" (DE Nov. 11) especially regarding the reason given by the Home Ministry in the answer to MP Dtk Eric Majimbun.
Among other things it was, thought "the author claimed that Christian priests were ordered to go back to their place of origin, lest they be jailed".
This may be an allegation to the Ministry, but I am one of the countless Sabahans who bid farewell to a few priests at the old KK airport when they were ordered out of the State during Usno era.
I also remembered reading about the arrest of priests in the interior by the army.
I have read the said book but, unfortunately, lost my copy.
Is the Ministry going to ban the memory cells of my brain or hope that the facts of history will die with our brain cells?
There are quite a lot of other books written which mention the same event and I wonder if these books are banned as well.
Besides, there are copies available on the Internet. So they better ban the Internet too.
I am definitely going to tell my children and grandchildren to study history, but not the versions we are told to believe.

*************************************************************************************

My comment

Wow, better be able to think critically on whether to believe the Sejarah textbooks.

No comments:

Post a Comment